To create a Layout, expand the Builder menu in the WordPress dashboard and click Layouts and Views . From here, click the Create Layout button.
The Add New Layout Page
Here, you'll see the Add New Layout Page.
The first section of the page is for Layout Settings .
- Name - The name helps identify this Layout's widget areas. Choose a short, descriptive name.
- Width - The width determines how wide the Layout is (in pixels). You can either select from the built-in presets or use a custom width. Typically, a wider width is for more complex layouts that have multiple sidebars while a more narrow width is for more minimalistic layouts, such as those that don't include sidebars
- Extension - Extension can provide additional code that changes the content, provides additional features or modifies the styling of the Layout.
- Hide Widget Areas - Use this option to the widget areas in this Layout from the Appearance > Widgets page.
- Styles - Once Styles have been created with Builder’s Style Manager , these Styles will populate this dropdown list.
The Design area of the Add New Layout Page is where you assemble your Layout using Builder Modules . Each Module represents a different part of a Layout, such the header, navigation, content area and footer.
Step 1: Click Add Module
To start building a layout, click Add Module . You'll see the Select a module to add to the layout box.
Step 2: Select the Module
Select the radio button next to the Module of your choice and click Add Module .
Step 3: Customize the settings of the Module
Depending on the Module selection, you'll see a box to customize the settings of the Module. For more information on each Module and the settings of that module, visit the individual Builder Modules pages.
Step 4: Click Save Layout
To save the Layout and add it to the Layouts list, click "Save Layout."