Check out BackupBuddy Multisite (BETA) - Installation for information on how to install and activate BackupBuddy on a multisite.
BackupBuddy can be uploaded, activated and used just like any other WordPress plugin.
You can upload BackupBuddy on any (non-Multisite) site just like any other plugin.
- (Preferred) You can use the WordPress --> Plugins --> Add New --> Upload feature to upload the zip file.
- Note: This is the preferred method as WordPress handles the process for you. If there are problems during the installation WordPress will back out gracefully and should provide information that will help you determine the cause of the problem.
- You can unzip the BackupBuddy zip file on your computer and then upload the BackupBuddy folder via FTP to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Note: This method can be used if you have a problem with the preferred method. Be sure to pay particular attention to the upload logs from your desktop FTP client (check in the client help for details of how to enable/find the logs) to make sure there are no problems. FTP uploads every file individually and, if it can, will continue with further files even if it encounters a problem with a file. It may not always make it obvious that a problem was encountered so it is possible to end up with an incomplete installation unless you are careful (this applies to any plugin/theme installed this way).
- You can use cPanel to upload the plugin to wp-content/plugins directory and then extract it.
- You can activate BackupBuddy like any other plugin.
- Visit your WordPress --> Plugins area.
- Click the Activate button below BackupBuddy.
BackupBuddy is now installed and ready to use on your Standalone site. Congratulations!